Tuesday 7 May 2013

Healthy Teeth healthy life - Colgate -Dont ignore warning signs


Since childhood I have always been scared of visiting a doctor . But one can’t escape doctor in life for long . However if you wish so , certainly you can skip dentist long enough .
 I managed so far .
I am 36 year old women , mother of two . Have managed  to  survive without meeting a dentist till last month . I had a real bad pain in tooth . Went to the dentist , was advised medicine , root canal for a cavity paining .
After  been through this bad phase , out of curiosity started checking family history of tooth problems .
Though I was told I am getting paranoid with age . Yet I went ahead .


To my surprise  , there were few eye openers .
Would summarize it as below

1.       How much you take care of your teeth is directly related to your attitude in life .
I see people who are positive ,maintaining teeth better than others.

2.       My mother is 80 yr old and her teeth are absolutely fine till date in spite of being diabetic   . One routine she follows is brushing twice .
3.       My dad who is 80 again needs a teeth implement now . He has never followed mom’s ritual by the way.
4.       My sister who is 46 now , feels gum pains , bleeding gums  now and then , She has to visits  dentist frequently at this age. Also she admits ignoring swollen gums , redness often due to her super mom status in life.
5.       People who are fitness freak , have good teeth. Don’t know the real science beneath but  You are as fit as your teeth are! I realized this when my 27 year  cousin fainted in her office . Apparently she always had low hemoglobin . Not to forget blood receding through gums is something she has been ignoring since  ages.

At the end would put it like this
HOW HEALTHY YOU ARE SHOWS CLEARLY WHEN YOU SMILE !



With this note I pledge to
A ) Brush twice
B) Never ignore gum problems
Thanks
Hope you find my thought good enough to read !

Cheers !

No comments:

Post a Comment